Monday, August 23, 2010

project complete!

I certainly didn't wake up this morning intending to complete a project, but I did!  I was checking out random blogs and ran across a project that I just couldn't resist getting done TODAY.  And it's rare that I have all of the supplies needed, so when I found what I needed I got to work!

This is the project that I just couldn't put off.  It was screaming my name!  So about an hour later...it was done!


Mine isn't quite as good as the original, but I like it!  I had been using some dry erase magnets on my fridge, but I like this so much better.  I'm perpetually making lists, so I love it when they are actually pretty to look at.

There really are lots of possibilities for this project.  In fact, I'm thinking about making a calendar like this as well.  What project are you planning to complete in the near future?  Or what project have you completed lately?  It sure feels good to start and finish something all in the same afternoon.

...Now off to clean up my mess and work on my to do list that didn't get done this afternoon.

8 comments:

Talia said...

I am totally doing this!! I usually just write mine on a sheet of paper on the fridge. This is way more cute! I think I might even do two of them to hang on my wall...one menu and one to do list/grocery list. You rock...thanks for sharing!

Erin said...

I'm telling you...this was an awesome idea...and easy! I definitely want to do another one. Our house is so open that we just don't have enough wall space, or I might go crazier with ideas! Let me know how yours turns out :)

Mandy said...

I like yours better! That is such a cute idea. :-) We have been using a regular old whiteboard, mostly for a grocery list (we discovered it was easier to keep up with what we needed by writing it down when we realized we were out). I've always kind of hated it though, because it just looks out of place and "clutter-y." Can't wait to share this with my sis!

Erin said...

Thanks, Mandy!! Let me know if you make one :)

Julie said...

You did a great job recreating this! LOVE it! :)

Unknown said...

I had to check yours out from the original post and I think yours looks great!! I like that you added the To Do list. I agree that it is great to find a project where you already have all of the items on hand.

Erin said...

Thanks, ladies! I'm still enjoying it!

Unknown said...

like your erase board and what size is it?

See my board leave me a message with what you think...

http://nancyogengayouree.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/diy-wipe-off-menu-board/