Tuesday, May 11, 2010

women's ministry

My mind has been a whirlwind lately of thoughts about Women's Ministry.  So much so that I am wishing I had a degree in Women's Ministry from SEBTS and not just Biblical Counseling!  I'm having to remind myself that God is in control and knows exactly how to reach the women in and outside of our church.  We collected almost 50 surveys from women on Sunday and I spent almost all of Sunday evening collecting data and making charts of what the women in our church want.  (Remember my comments about organization yesterday...yeah).

Bottom line, I know that women are busy.  Whether they work at home or outside of the home. Whether they have young kids or grown kids.  We women seem to have trouble saying "no" I have realized, and that can almost leave no time for "extra" stuff.  Unfortunately, church can sometimes get put in that "extra" category.  I know I'm a little bit different because as a minister's wife, I sometimes feel that church is our only category!  (And I'm ok with that!)  I guess because church can sometimes feel like it is my "only category" I am so eager to spend time with women at church, but I realize that not everyone else is that flexible.

Why am I writing about this?  Well, I need your help!  I have heard from the women in our church.  Now I want to hear from you!  What elements of women's ministry at your church are most relevant to you?  What Bible studies have you most enjoyed?  What is the most important element of a women's ministry?  What aspect of an event, study, or program makes you look at your busy schedule and decide it is worth your time?  What element would you love for your church to include in a women's ministry?

I know what I think - and it would take a ton of posts to fill you in on what's going on in my head write now about Women's ministry ideas.  So I would love to know what you think!  If you can, please take a moment to share your ideas.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

mmmmm..... I really enjoyed MOPS as a ministry probably mostly because it was really nice to have someone take care of my kids while I ate breakfast and chatted with other moms! I think if I were in the States I would mostly enjoy a small Bible study or Christian book club with women. :) Man, this thought makes me a little homesick!