Monday, May 21, 2007

changing things

So...one thing that I have noticed since I have been married to Justin is that I have actually grown to like change. He is definitely the king of change, but somehow that has transferred to me as well. He likes to change things up at the church a lot, but I really view that as challenging those of us who have gotten in a rut in our worship. Also, we have changed our house around a lot since we've been married. For those of you who have seen our house, you can tell how this could be a big deal. Honestly, there's not much room for change here, but at the same time, it's kind of the only thing that keeps me sane in such a small space.

Since being with Justin I have thought a lot about change. I think that change is so important for a Christian, especially. God calls us to change - we are not to be the same today as the day He first saved us. I pray that for my life. I really do want to be an ever-changing, ever-progressing Christian. We believe fully in the phrase "People don't know what they like, they like what they know." I have found this to be so true. Not only in others' lives, but in my life as well. Even though I like changing certain things around me, I really don't like the uncomfortableness that comes from changing my way of doing things. I could just as easily be lazy and let things be. So often I have let this be characteristic of my life. I know God calls us to so much more, though, and I get excited about the changes He wants to make in me. Just as I get uncomfortable now with the way my house is arranged, I pray that I will allow God to make the changes necessary in my life so that He can arrange me to best serve and glorify Him.

No comments: