Tuesday, December 9, 2008

monthly update!

So...my blogging has been pathetic lately!! (to say the least) But, I just haven't been on the computer much at all. Ok...I take that back...when I have been on the computer lately, I've just been focusing on doing some online shopping for Christmas and for Baby Blakley (yes, we still do not have a name).

In my usual spirit of blogging updates, here goes...
  • I just got in my starter pack order of small cloth diapers...I went with fuzzibunz and was excited to have a 25% off coupon to lessen the blow of the purchase. I can't wait for our son to be in them...they are so cute and soft!...any advice on the best thing to use for a diaper pail?...I've gotta get that next.
  • I also got our bedding in for Baby Blakley...next purchase, I guess, needs to be a crib! With no surprise to anyone who knows me, it is teal and brown gingham. I love it! I went with something fairly plain so Justin can put his artistic skills to work on the nursery walls...
  • ...nursery walls that will be in our very own house!!!! It looks like we will probably be closing on our first (owned) home sometime next week! I can't believe it. Justin has been awesome, handling all the details, so I guess this is kind of sneaking up on me. I've been slowly packing up books, choosing things to give away, and getting myself mentally prepared for another move at Christmas. I'm so excited that we will be in our home before Baby Blakley comes.
  • As for some house details...it's an open floor plan, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, with a garage and a (drumroll please)....dishwasher! Merry Christmas to me! I am also pretty excited about the washer and dryer being in the hallway and not on a cold back porch! Can I just say...I'm so excited.
  • God has just continually been reminding us how blessed we are lately. If it were up to me, I probably would have not been so patient...for this perfect house. We thought our final option was going to be building a house, so we were so amazed when God led us to this 10 year old home that is so similar to what we would have built. Not to mention the sudden drop in interest rates. God is so good!
  • We will soon be living in the town of Jonesville..."across the river" from Elkin! You're all invited over!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting!

We use wet bags. They have a water proof inner liner and cute fabric on the outside (well, they have plain ones too, but, that's not fun! lol) The kind we have has a hook to hang it...

You just throw the dirty dipes in there and then empty it into the washer (wash the bag too)

We do have a diaper champ since we use disp. wipes (not after Christmas! yay!) and disp. dipes at night

I have some friends that use the diaper champ for cloth dipes, but I've never tried

before the wet bag, we used an old canvas laundry bag, but got stinky real quick. The good thing about the wet bags - they do a pretty good job of holding in the stinks :)

The WAHMies brand also have a lil piece of fabric sewn in and I put some essential oils on it to make it smell good :) (lavender or citrus)

ok - I could talk all day - email me if you have questions, lol!

Rebecca said...

thanks so much for my b-day card!!! i am pretty good at making shawn wait for me :-) haha

i will deff. let you know if we will be driving up that way... do you have any new pics... pics of the house... or of baby blakley?!?! miss you

Talia said...

i could also talk all day about cloth diapers. now, i have to admit i just started using them about a month ago and my baby is 7 months. i have a friend that has shared tons of info. i'll message you on facebook about some of it. we use wet bags as well. i really like them. we use growing greens one size diapers with diaper covers and bumgenius all in ones. i am also completely addicted to wool covers and longies. amazing!

i am excited for you and your new house!!

Erin said...

thank you guys for all your info...now I've got to look into these wet bags and cloth wipes (I had no idea they existed!)

Sheila said...

I use a wet bag too-- I like it since I can toss it in the wash. But get at least two of them!

A DISHWASHER???? You're leaving me in the dust!

Unknown said...

I agree - atleast 2!

"they" say 'all day'...but once you add in some wipes too...

Erin said...

thanks, girls!! :)