Monday, October 19, 2009

8 months...

I honestly can't imagine my life without my sweet baby boy. It's hard to believe he has already been a part of my life for 8 months, but I'm so thankful. God has given us the sweetest child to bring joy into our lives each day. Obviously, he has become my inspiration for this blog (since I only seem to write about him...when I do blog!) Elijah truly is a joy and it has been amazing these last weeks especially to see how quickly he is growing and changing.

Here's a quick update into our lives with Elijah:
I've just starting adding a little bit of formula to his diet to make sure that he is getting enough milk. He will eat solids like crazy...so I want to keep him from eating too much other food too quickly. And...he's been biting me and doesn't seem interesting in stopping, so breastfeeding just hasn't been as great the last two weeks!
Speaking of biting...Elijah now has 3 teeth...and more on the way.

I've been making Elijah's baby food, which he started eating at 6 months. So far, he has had avocado, pears, apples (just added cinnamon this week!), bananas, peaches, sweet potatoes, green beans, peas, and carrots. He's also been loving Cheerios and saltine crackers for snacking. We're still working on the sippy cup...he'd rather chew on it, than drink from it right now.

Elijah is still in cloth diapers for about 95% of the time. I love them and actually dread having to purchase disposables when I do. He's still in the small Fuzzibunz and is weighing in at about 15 1/2 pounds according to our scale.

Since Elijah does seem to be pretty lean for his age...he's working hard to get around by himself. Yesterday, he was so close to crawling...just rocking like crazy on his hands and knees. I think he's going to put it all together pretty soon. He's standing up on his own and starting to "cruise" around things a little bit. He loves to stand up and try to walk with a push toy/walker he has. We put shoes on him for the first time last night...pretty soon he's going to be unstoppable. (Not sure I'm quite yet ready for this!)

Elijah takes two naps during the day now and still sleeps 11 hours at night. I'm so thankful for a child who sleeps well and has the sweetest temperment during the day. God has blessed us with a delightful child who brings so much joy. I know it's a blessing to be able to take him anywhere with us. He's such a flexible kid!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I just told you the other day on Facebook, but seriously, he is so stinkin' cute!!! I can't believe he's 8 months old already!

Sheila said...

Ouch on the biting! Olivia started biting me about 8 months too, and I was glad to stop! ;o)

(Don't let anyone make you feel guilty about stopping OR not stopping, you make the decision that's best for YOU AND ELIJAH!)

Love you!

Erin said...

Thanks, Ladies!!

Linda said...

Can hardly believe how my grandson is growing. He was so good last week and can't wait 'til next Tues. to see him and get to keep him again. Hope it will be warm so he can swing as he loved it!
He's such a good little fellow--cute as a button wearing his hat.
Unbelievable he's 8 Mos. old!
Hug him tight!

Erin said...

just checking