Thursday, May 8, 2008

quick update!

So...I think about things that I can blog all of the time, but by the time I get to a "stopping place" at night, I'm usually too tired or just uninterested in blogging at that point. I'm thankful, though, for faithful friends who give good bloggy updates, so here's an update from my week.

#1 - The garden's in....I'm so proud of Justin! We've got tons of tomato plants, squash, green beans, lettuce, corn(?!), cumcumbers and probably something else that I'm forgetting. I can't wait for all of these thing to grow and for us to enjoy them. I think some church members are excited, too, because half of our "crop" is between our house and the church. AKA: prime picking area on Sundays and Wednesdays. Hopefully we'll have an abundance of veggies, though, and we'll be eager to share. Here's a few pictures of Justin's hard work...

He's been so faithful to water and tend to his precious plants/seeds. Every time he's watered, though, it rains later that night! Oh, well...looks like things are ok because we saw some plants sprouting today. He was so excited!


#2 - I got in the planting mood and bought some beautiful plants to go in my pretty blue pots for the front porch. I was so proud of how they stood out and look so pretty!




Tonight, however, there was a huge storm that came through while we were in Mt. Airy. I promise, I am the worst at keeping plants alive and looking good. Here's how they look now....

How awful! The pretty blooms are ruined!

Flower petals were everywhere!

Oh well...hopefully they'll survive!

#3 - Our new "largest in the Southeast" Wal-Mart opened yesterday and I must say, I was very impressed. It felt so weird to be in "Little Elkin" shopping in such a nice store. Don't tell anyone this, but it secretly made me really want a Super Target here, too! But, I tend to spend more money at Target, so, overall the new Wal-Mart is awesome!

#4 - I'm now sporting some glasses. I got glasses in the 2nd grade, but I have worn hard contacts ever since the 5th grade. As long as I can remember I have always wanted to have the laser surgery done to hopefully correct my (terrible) vision. For graduation last year, my parents gave me the gift of paying for this surgery. I am just now starting the process, so I've got to wear glasses for 2 weeks, then have a consultation to see if I am a good candidate for the surgery. I'm not a fan of glasses and I feel SO weird in them right now. (Maybe I'll show you a picture one day....) Pray that I'll have wisdom whether or not to proceed with the surgery, if it is a possibility. I hope it will be! It would be so nice to see an alarm clock in the morning or something simple like that!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I have a couple of comments...
1- Exciting about the veggies!! We planted watermelon and cataloupe and I thought we were doing good...too bad we didn't jump on the veggie part. Oh well, I'll pray for you to have an over abundance.
2- I have a brown thumb as well. I bought 2 ferns and numerous plants about a month ago...they're turning brown. :-(
3- I'm coming to see you...soon.