Friday, July 10, 2009

food friday

So, it's been a long time since I've done a "food friday," but I'm bringing it back today. I don't have a recipe for you this time, but a great website I've found. I found restaurant.com in a magazine I was looking through right before we went to D.C. Turns out, it's a great resource for unbelievable deals on restaurant gift certificates.

Here's what you do. Just visit the website and search for participating restaurants in your area or an area you may be traveling to soon. $10 gift certificates are only $3-$4 and $25.00 gift certificates are only $10. When you find a restaurant you like or a new one to try, just purchase the gift certificate and print it out right then! The gift certificates we have purchased are good for one year, but only at the exact location you choose. There are also some guidelines to your purchase, but nothing unreasonable.

Basically...you're getting some free food! We met my parents at the Sagebrush Steakhouse the other weekend and saved some money with a gift certificate we purchased. (Actually, we saved a lot of money because we brought the $10 gift certificate and my dad bought the meal! Win, win!) It's a great excuse to try a new restaurant because most of the ones you can choose from are not your typical chain restaurants. Also, since I've joined, I've received e-mails with discount codes that allowed me to purchase certificates for 50% and 70% off. An even better deal!

If you're needing a night out of the kitchen or a "cheap date," then this is a good resource to check out. Take a look and let me know what you think. Also, if you try out a new restaurant, let us know if it's good!

No comments: