Monday, April 26, 2010

musical monday


Seeing as how it's 9:00 on Monday night and I have yet to post (I had good intentions - I think I had the picture up at about 9:00 am!), I'm just going to share with you what our hymn of the month has been at our church, Elkin Valley.  It's one of my favorites and just a great reminder of our need to invite God to be at work in every aspect of our lives.  I don't know about you, but I am "prone to wander," and am so thankful for a Savior who is not just "prone to," but lavish in his grace each day!  What a reason to sing!

Come Thou fount of every blessing
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Streams of mercy never ceasing
Call for songs of loudest praise
Teach me some melodious sonnet
Sung by flaming tongues above
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it
Mount of Thy redeeming love

I was lost in utter darkness
Till you came and rescued me
I was bound by all my sin when
Your love came and set me free,
Now my soul has found a new song
Now my heart has found a home
Now Your grace is always with me
And I’ll never be alone

Here I raise mine Ebenezer
Hither by Thy help I’m come
And I hope by Thy good pleasure
Safely to arrive at home
Jesus sought me when a stranger
Wandering from the fold of God
He, to rescue me from danger
Interposed His precious blood

O to grace, how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it
Seal it for Thy courts above

To learn more about this hymn, go here!

No comments: