Monday, April 19, 2010

New Post

Not an original title, but it had been SO LONG since I'd clicked on "new post," it just felt weird.  Wow...I've been out of the blogging habit, haven't I?  Over a month now...but here I am again...  I felt rejuvenated last night just thinking about blogging, with hopes to have a "catching up" week for you to read about.  Not doing too well when it's just now 9:00 at night when I'm sitting down to finally post today.  


Anyway, here's my "catching up" post for "Musical Monday!"



I don't know if you're familiar with Laura Story, but over the last year she has truly become one of my favorites!  Chris Tomlin made Indescribable popular, but it was written by Laura Story.  Laura Story also wrote Mighty to Save which is one of my FAVORITES! Laura Story (I don't feel like we're quite on a first name basis yet, though I hope to soon be!) also wrote a song named Immortal, Invisible that captured me the first time I heard it and continues to do so every time I listen to it.  I wanted to share it because it is just so well written.  God has obviously gifted Laura (Story) with words to point others to Him. Here's the old hymn lyrics to compare this new song to as well:

Immortal Invisible (The Hymn - Walter Chalmers Smith, 1824 - 1908)


Immortal, invisible, God only wise,
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes,
Most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of Days,
Almighty, victorious, Thy great name we praise.

Unresting, unhasting, and silent as light,
Nor wanting, nor wasting, Thou rulest in might;
Thy justice like mountains high soaring above
Thy clouds which are fountains of goodness and love.

To all, life Thou givest, to both great and small;
In all life Thou livest, the true life of all;
We blossom and flourish as leaves on the tree,
And wither and perish, but naught changeth Thee.

Thou reignest in glory; Thou dwellest in light;
Thine angels adore Thee, all veiling their sight;
All laud we would render: O help us to see
'Tis only the splendor of light hideth Thee.




Immortal, Invisible (By Laura Story)

Immortal, You are not are like a man
That you change your mind
or change your plan
Invisible, our human eyes can't see
The Depths of your majesty

You're the God of forever and ever amen
The alpha, omega, beginning and end
We sing hallelujah
We worship in awe
Immortal, invisible God

Immortal, You are not bound by death
You're the living God, my very breath
Invisible you are not bound by space
But your glory is filling this place
Yes your glory is fill this place

Immortal yet you once died for me,
to pay my debt to set me free
Invisible you will not always be
Cause you’re coming to reign as our king
And the saints will fall down at your feet






"And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.  And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus.  This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.  However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.  Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen." 1 Timothy 1:12-17

No comments: