Tuesday, August 18, 2009

i need your help! *update*

I've been teaching a few piano students over the summer, but now that fall is fast approaching, I'm ready to get back in the full swing of teaching. I got all motivated last week about advertising. I decided to test out some different advertising than just the local paper. Since a lot of people don't subscribe to papers anymore, I'm hoping this will be a good idea. This means that I am now proudly driving around with a magnet on my car advertising myself as a piano teacher and wedding pianist! Also, I've got a few signs to put up around town and my very own website. Surprisingly, http://www.erinblakley.com/ was up for grabs, so now it's mine!

*Here's a fun activity if you're bored: (if you haven't already) try searching for a website with your namesake. Who knows if its already taken or could be yours someday! :)

This is why I need your help. If anyone in my area is looking for a piano teacher or wedding pianist and decides to Google to find one, my website probably won't come up in the first 10 pages. (I don't really know, but I got bored of looking for it myself when it didn't come up right away). So, I need you to stop reading this and click here to go to my website. Maybe if we all check it out, my website will move up a little on the search engines.

Thanks! (if you are already back from visiting http://www.erinblakley.com/) As you can see, it is a work in progress. But hopefully it will keep me motivated and on top of things, especially if someone is in need of a wedding pianist.

Thanks to Vistaprint for all these great marketing tools. If you haven't checked them out, you should!

And, by all means...if you're in the Elkin/Jonesville area and need a pianist...give me a call!

*Thanks so much, everyone! I'm now on the first Google page when you search for a piano teacher in our area!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great!!!!

Erin said...

thanks, Terra :) ...btw, I think my sister is coming to visit your church Wednesday and Sunday..so keep a look out for her. She knows another couple who goes there. :)

Liz said...

I just googled, and you were the 6th link to come up! Welcome to the first page!

Carmen Lee O'Dell said...

Nice site!

Talia said...

the site looks awesome!! great job! i will go clink some more to move it up the ranks : ). tell your sister to come visit us at the summit west club campus in downtown if she wants. its a lot smaller than the other summit campus. we love it!

Erin said...

Thanks guys!!! 6th!! That's great Liz :)