Wednesday, August 12, 2009

where have i been?

Well...I'm not sure! Days are just flying by around the Blakley household. Elijah is getting so big and he'll be 6 months old next week, so I'll catch you up on what he's doing then. Justin will be 27 (finally...so I won't feel so old!) on Saturday, so I'm excited about that!

These last few weeks have been different. My mom was in a wreck on July 30th and, in reality, God totally spared her life. It was quite a reminder for me of God's sovereignty and His grace in allowing us to live another day for His glory. I'm so thankful for my mom's extra days God has given her. I've never personally seen so many bruises! She fell asleep at the wheel (she thinks) and actually hit a Hummer (!) - not quite head on, but on her side. It's amazing to think that she had to be cut out of her car and the only thing she broke was a bone in her wrist. She was less than a 1/4 of a mile from returning home. She's been getting around good and I'm so thankful for God's grace in her safety and recovery.

My sister just moved to Wake Forest, NC where she will attend Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I'm so excited because this is where Justin and I met and graduated from and I know what a great experience and education she is going to receive. We went Monday to help her move in and I wish we could have spent some more time around town. I love that place! If anyone in the WF area knows of available jobs, let me know because she is looking.

Well, that's a quick recap of my life recently, but definitely not an excuse for my lack of blogging. I guess I'm in a slump...I'll try to do better!

No comments: