Wednesday, August 25, 2010

K.I.S.S.


I'm all about keeping things simple.  But simple doesn't just happen. For example, I'm forever rearranging things in my house to keep organized.  Systems seem to work and then one day, I run across a better system that is so much simpler and I wonder, "Why didn't I think of that?"

So next week, I want to share a few of the
simple things that have worked for me and I hope to hear from you about some simple things you have found to work in your life.  There are entire blogs devoted to simpler lifestyles.  A magazine entitled Real Simple.  And I have recently been reading a great book called The Simple Life.  

Interesting.  We don't seem to need books called
How to Have a More Cluttered House or How to Have A Crazy Schedule.  We do, however, seem to need help when it comes to simplifying things.  In fact, my pastor has even been preaching a series on simplifying different topics in Scripture.

So what does keeping things
simple mean?  Well, dictionary.com defines simple as "easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.; not complicated." And simplify is defined "to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier."

I don't know about you, but I like for things to be easier!  So, join in and share your best ideas to
Keep It Simple, Sister!  

Starting next Monday, you can check back here to learn some of my simplified ideas and link up your own ideas to share.  Here's where we will focus our ideas:


Monday: Keeping it simple in the
home
Tuesday: Keeping it simple in life
Wednesday: Keeping it simple in marriage
Thursday: Keeping it simple with kids
Friday: Keeping it simple in the kitchen

These areas are pretty broad, so as long as you keep it clean, I'm excited to hear what you have to share!


Feel free to grab the button below and encourage others to join in so we can learn as much as we can about
keeping it simple!


a new song

No comments: