Thursday, August 19, 2010

painting with water!

We have had so much rain here lately, which is great, but we haven't been able to play outside a whole lot.  Yesterday afternoon was a great time to get out, so I decided to do an activity with Elijah that we had tried a few months back.

If your child wants to paint, but you don't want to deal with the mess, just paint with water!  I think I remembered this idea from some childcare position I have had in the past and it's easy and fun.  Elijah loves to play with the paint brushes, but it's a little too much now (with an 18 month old!) to pull out the paints very often.

Here's a glimpse into our painting session.  Elijah painted a "train" and I painted a sun for him!  ...And then the activity is over when he dumps out all of the water.  Our water painting actually lasted much longer than I expected!



No comments: