Thursday, August 5, 2010

PB&J Makeover

I was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for Elijah today and decided that I needed to "spice it up" a little bit.  I don't really have any cookie cutters lying around - my Christmas ones are in the attic - so I had to make do!  I grabbed the lid off of a water bottle (don't judge me on this point based on my previous post...it was a stray bottle...not an every day occurrence!) and hoped that it would suffice.

...And it did.  The lid made perfect circles for Elijah to be entertained by and enjoy.  And it was a lot less messy than me trying to tear his sandwich a part for him.  I did flatten the bread before making the sandwich and I was pleased that the lid easily cut the circles, which were also easy to remove.

By the time I made my sandwich, Elijah had already gobbled up his and wanted more.  At his age now, I think that eating is pretty boring for him unless I change things up every once in awhile.


As you can see...we started out with the sandwich and oranges and only ended up with oranges.  This may be our new sandwich method!

Any more simple ideas to share for spicing up lunches??

No comments: