Thursday, January 24, 2008

e is for elkin

We have almost lived in Elkin for a month now, which is so hard to believe. Today, Justin and I finally went looking for the DMV, the license plate place, the library, and the post office...those places we really haven't wanted to find yet. This really is a cute town. I'm enjoying living here so far.

I started my job this week, which has mostly been training so far, but I really like the ladies I am working with. I am already learning a lot from them and I am excited about getting started with clients here. (For those of you who may not know, I got a job at Lifeline Pregnancy Help Center). I commute to Mt. Airy 3 days a week and stay in Elkin 1 day. (There are two Centers that work together). I'm enjoying the commute so far. I have the New Testament on CD, so I'm hoping to listen to that lots of times and talk on the phone(!), since I haven't really ever had constant commutes alone in the car like this.

Anyway, come visit us in Elkin anytime! I hope our furniture will be here soon so you'll have somewhere to sit! (I'd hoped the letter F could be for pictures of our furniture, but I'm not holding my breath!)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

holding out for the furniture i see :-)

Rebecca said...

ok--- i teach 2nd grade--- i can help refresh you on the alphabet...

a,b,c,d,e,F (F comes next)

my love :-)

Rebecca said...

ok--- i teach 2nd grade--- i can help refresh you on the alphabet...

a,b,c,d,e,F (F comes next)

my love :-)