Sunday, February 3, 2008

g is for giants

...as in the New York Giants! Way to go to bring an exciting end to the Super Bowl! I personally didn't care who won the game tonight, mostly because I assumed the undefeated Patriots were a sure win. Whenever I don't have a favorite team playing, I'll usually pull for the underdog, so it was fun to see the Giants win tonight.

I don't know anything about the Giants' wide receiver Plaxico Burress, but I was encouraged to see him give glory to God for a victory that he knew was not due to himself, even after he caught 2 touchdown passes. In an event that seems to point to worldly accomplishments, from the singers to commericals to players, I'm thankful for the short moment that Burress pointed to a Savior who gives strength and goes beyond what we even expect or imagine.

From what I've read, Burress went into this game predicting that the Giants would win. What incredible confidence he had! What a reminder for us to confidently rely on our great God who can do exceedingly, abundantly above all we even ask of Him!

No comments: